The Fessenden Lacrosse Camp is for both new and experienced players. While campers who are new to the sport get to try out each position, seasoned lacrosse players get individualized instruction in the tactics they need to be more successful on the field. Players of all ability levels pick up the finer points of offensive and defensive responsibilities, stick control, and safe body checking, while learning perseverance.
Lacrosse Camp – Entering Grades 2 – 9
Features of the Lacrosse Camp include:
- Ability appropriate instruction
- Individualized instruction at each position (including goalies)
- Fundamental skill clinics each morning
- Controlled game situations each afternoon
- Various eye/hand coordination games for skill improvement
- Cooperative games for communication improvement
- Lacrosse strategy and philosophy
- Game films and video training tapes during lunch break each day
- Conditioning games for improved strength and stamina
- Playing on state-of-the-art turf fields with safe, organic infill
- Free swim time
Meet the Coaches
Coach Rory Sanborn,
Lacrosse Camp Director
(7 years at Fessenden)
Rory Sanborn started playing lacrosse at age 7 in Baltimore, MD. He was a three-year starter at McDonogh School, a top ranked team nationally. He went on to play four years of Varsity lacrosse at Middlebury College, winning the NESCAC Championship three times, and featuring in the NCAA Tournament all four years – finishing runner up in 2005. Rory has coached Varsity and Junior Varsity lacrosse for McDonogh School, coached and played lacrosse in England, and remains involved with the U.S. Lacrosse foundation. Before he became a teacher and coach at Fessenden, Rory worked in finance and sales with the Warrior and Brine lacrosse brands. Rory is now the Middle School Dean of Students. Rory graduated from Middlebury College.
In my free time…
I enjoy running, bicycling, and playing sports of all kinds. I am passionate about traveling and experiencing new places and things. I also enjoy cooking, playing with my dog, and going to the beach.
My favorite book is…
My favorite book is probably Lonesome Dove. I have always enjoyed Western adventure novels.
What I love about the Lacrosse Camp is…
Playing games with the campers. Specifically, we shape our two Fridays around a carnival of lacrosse-related games.