Fessenden Soccer Camp provides a comprehensive one-week session focusing on age-appropriate skill development and game tactics, for girls and boys of all ages and ability levels. Our expert coaches provide instruction in the basics of passing, trapping and shooting, as well as tactical play and formations, all while emphasizing the importance of sportsmanship and team play.
Soccer Camp – Entering Grades 1 – 9
Features of the Soccer Camp include:
- Ability appropriate instruction
- Individualized instruction at each position (including goalies)
- Instruction in individual soccer techniques and team tactics
- Video training and coaches’ presentations daily
- Free swim time
- Playing on state-of-the-art turf fields with safe, organic infill
- Lunchtime activities include swimming, watching instructional soccer videos/movies, or playing on the playground
- Campers may choose to bring their own lunches, which will be refrigerated, or they may purchase lunch (hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, chips, and drinks will be for sale during lunchtime).
Meet the Coach
Coach Caleb Thomson
Soccer Camp Director
(Over 20 years at Fessenden)
Caleb Thomson began playing soccer as a student at the Fessenden School in the late 1970s. He went on to play high school soccer at Suffield Academy where he was selected to the All-State team, and collegiate soccer at Ohio Wesleyan University where he was selected to the All-Ohio team. Caleb has been coaching the Varsity team at Fessenden for over 20 years and the girls’ U-14 Academy Club team in Newton for the past 5 years. Caleb received a B.A. from Ohio Wesleyan University. He lives on campus with his wife Ann, and daughters Katie and Meggie, both of whom attended and worked at the Fessenden Soccer Camp.
In my free time…
I enjoy playing soccer, tennis, golf, traveling and spending time with my family.
One of my favorite books is…
Eleven Seconds by Travis Roy.
What I love about Soccer Camp is…
Our coaching staff. Each coach creates an environment where our campers strive to reach their full potential, regardless of their soccer experience, all while having fun. Our experienced staff are typically educators and coaches, so they understand how important it is to build each player’s self-esteem, encourage teamwork, teach the fundamentals of good sportsmanship, and, most importantly, have fun.